Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

West Point 3-gun Match

The USMA Combat Weapons Team is holding a 3-Gun Match on October 15 & 16 at West Point. This a fundraising event to raise money for the team's trips. Go to www.usma.edu/dmi/3-gun_match.htm for more info. You can contact the match director, Chris Medina @ qc3812@usma.edu for more info. It looks like they are using the 300 yard pop-up target range, moving you from stage to stage with Humvees, and having an opportunity to shoot full auto weapons during lunch break for a small charge. I've shot with Chris several times, it should be a good match.

• 2 weeks later...

Us upstate New York boys are stuffing our pockets with ammo. Just got e mail

250 min. rounds rifle, WOW! can't wait.

Dave should be about that time for you to start wearing your tights again.

I would be carefull around the Cadets wearing those tights.

N.J. boys shooting Sat. or Sunday??

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

The match is over-very nice for a 1st time match! The prizes were a nice extra that made the trip even more enjoyable! Joe S. & Chris M. are talking about maybe running this match twice a year! All the match needs is a little tweaking as far as scoring methodology. But twice a year-with several 300 yd stages!! NICE!!!! :D

AND ITS ONLY 1.5 hours from HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

This was my first 3-gun and my son and I had a blast. It was great having my kid there- he made the perfect gun bearer. I thought the match was well run and look forward to doing it again. Most all the cadets were very professional and helpful. My only beef was with the individual who wrote out the directions.

As far as my own performance - I know I was very, very S L O W, but I was faster than my buddy and hopefully more accurate. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

I did learn some interesting things for my first match. I put a simmons 1.5 x 5 shotgun scope on my AR. I never realized that there might be a few inch difference between impact point and the point I aimed at, at the close range rifle shots. I also never realized how long it takes to load a pump shotgun - one shell at a time.

All in all, it was a great day, even though I drew the very last raffle prize.