Changing Calibers on a 650

On 9/21/2019 at 7:10 AM, m700 said:

Honestly just buy the following and do everything on your 650

Small pistol case feeder plate

650 9mm conversion

650 toolhead 

toolhead stand

the swap takes less than 10 minutes 

Unfortunately, there was not a primer change needed here. That is something I will have to do. Wish I could find a video that has that in it in addition to everything else you have to change.

Do I have to take out the primer feed control block (4:00 in the video). On the one I have, you just flip it forward/backward to turn it on/off

1 hour ago, GregInAtl said:

Unfortunately, there was not a primer change needed here. That is something I will have to do. Wish I could find a video that has that in it in addition to everything else you have to change.

I ended up finding a video on You Tube that is pretty comprehensive, don't need one now. 

I am getting ready to purchase a 9mm conversion kit for my XL650. I currently have my 650 set up for 45acp and my 550b is set up for 9mm. I am planning to switch the 550b to 45acp and the 650 to 9mm because I am shooting a lot more 9mm these days. So is the 9mm powder funnel on my 550 the same one that is used on the 650 for 9mm, i.e is it the same powder funnel that is in the 650 9mm conversion kit. The same for the locator pins. If they are, maybe I could just purchase the other components of the 650 9mm conversion kit separately. I haven't figure out if it would save me any money

21 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

This Dillon caliber conversion calculator should do the trick

It turns out that I can use the locator pins and powder funnel from the 550 on the 650 but even without those, buying the components separately is still more expensive, $110.95 compared to the entire conversion kit which is $84.95. So much for that idea.

Thanks for the calculator, though. It made figuring it out a lot quicker