Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 3 Gunner guy

Cheebe

Hey guys ,,I'm an avid clay shooter that wants to try three gun.

I got spring field XDM 5.25 with adjust sites a Mosberg 8 shot tactical 12 ga. black water addition and a colt Ar15 

I dont have a clue yet but my sons USCG and he teaches " A " school in Va newbie gunners mates and he s a IDPA referee and shoots a ton for the coast guard.

I was going to look for Eotech EXPS2-0 and G33 mag and put a Vortex Venom o n my XDM . I was told t puts me in open class.. Hey I have no class I just need help seeing. LOL

I want to give it a try so any one out there can help a new guy out all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Cheebe

You can only have one optic to compete in tac ops. So you would be competing in open. That being said go to a match, get an idea of of what 3gun/Multigun is all about, and some of the basic equipment you need. You will need shotgun shell carriers,mag pouch rifle and pistol and a secure holster. Then after you get hooked you can decide on what your going to need to be competitive some of us never get there but it’s still a blast! You can spend a lot of money or as little as you want. You just need the basics to start.

3 Gunning is the best.  It gives you a chance to shoot a lot of rounds per stage with 3 different guns.  How cool is that.

I used to shoot 3 gun years ago (stopped because of shoulder injury), when it was 3 separate guns with stages separate

for each gun.  I did get to shoot some Multi gun, just prior to the injury.  3 gun nation is shot in our area of Northern IL

and it looks like a hoot.  Good luck with your new adventure: just have fun.......

• 2 weeks later...

3 gun is addictive. At my club only pistol cal. carbines for rifle are allowed  but still a "blast". We do 3 events a year. Also a few pistol challenges  and action pistol events. I tried red dot optics but never really comfortable with them and went back to all steel sights. It also seemed like every time it was my turn, the rain started pouring. 

Just take what you have listed and go to a match, if you don't have it chances are someone will lend it to you. learn what you need and what you want before buying. it is a lot of fun, but don't expect to go out your first time and crush everyone, just have fun.