Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power Xcalibur help

Kirk

Hi, 

I'm now the owner of 2 Grandpower Xcaliburs, may be 3 soon lol, and was curious what spare parts are needed on hand in your experience? What parts commonly break and need regular replacement? Also, are parts from the K100 compatible with the Xcalibur? And where is the best place to buy spare parts now? 

Sorry for all the questions, but my search skills are lacking. I truly appreciate any help 

When I was shooting my Xcal in USPSA production, I bought a enough internal parts to basically rebuild my pistol, these were purchased from Eagle, who were the importers of the GP at the time.  Since then, I believe Global Ordnance has picked up the importation of GPs.  However a quick look on their site didn't show any GP parts (aside from mags) for sale.

Yes, many of the K100 parts will interchange with the Xcal.

Good luck with your pistols.  Your post reminds me to that I need to pull my Xcal from the safe and take it to the range one of these days.

7 hours ago, muncie21 said:

When I was shooting my Xcal in USPSA production, I bought a enough internal parts to basically rebuild my pistol, these were purchased from Eagle, who were the importers of the GP at the time.  Since then, I believe Global Ordnance has picked up the importation of GPs.  However a quick look on their site didn't show any GP parts (aside from mags) for sale.

Yes, many of the K100 parts will interchange with the Xcal.

Good luck with your pistols.  Your post reminds me to that I need to pull my Xcal from the safe and take it to the range one of these days.

Thanks a lot for the information! A quick follow up - what parts were most likely to fail? I know on my CZs, trigger return springs are always a potential weak point. What parts would you consider vital to have on hand? 

34 minutes ago, Kirk said:

what parts were most likely to fail?

I shot mine for a full season and didn't encounter any broken parts.  I had some light strikes which I wasn't able to determine if it was because of my reloads/primers or weak hammer spring.

I don't think there's enough people shooting GPs to get a clear understanding of failure points, like we see with CZ guns..for example.

For something like $50-60  you can order most of the small internal parts, however you likely won't be replacing most of these under the clock during a match.  Since you have 2 X-cals, I'd order the small parts to keep at home and bring the back up gun as one big spare part to major matches. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick note ... if you go to the Global Ordnance website and start up a chat session or email them they do have most small parts available for sale. I just ordered all of the parts less sights and a replacement slide for my X-Calibur ... the only part they didn't have in stock was the firing pin spring. Prices were very reasonable for the slide items.

Extractor $11

Extractor Spring $0.50

Firing Pin $20.50

Fixate Pin $2.25

Fixate Pin Spring $1.40

Stripped Slide (X-Calibur) $250.00

For a little under $300 with shipping I will have a replacement slide (hopefully milled for a Holosun shortly).

I didn't ask about any additional parts ... but worked with the sales guy and just sent an exploded diagram with the parts that I was looking for and they were excellent to work with.

Tony