Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Action Job

ANGRYREB

Does anyone know a good gunsmith for a Ruger Redhawk? My own little project gun: Ruger Redhawk in .45 LC converted to use .45 ACP in full moonclips. Needs an action job. Any and all help would be wonderful.

Thanks,

ANGRYREB

I recently mentioned Chris Peters in another post....but I'm not sure he's around working on guns.

I have no doubt that Randy Lee would do a helluva job on that Ruger action, and could take care of the machining on the cylinder too . I've tried his trigger work on a variety of stuff (S&Ws, Glocks, 1911s), and it's all absolutely top shelf.

Hello ANGRYREB,

I believe Ken Jorgensen from Ruger has been wanting to do exactly what you are wanting to do.

I'd be happy to work on the project, provided you aren't in a terrible hurry to get it completed. My backlog is running about 6 weeks, and I'm still trying to kick out the last four guns I picked up at the IRC in June. It is a very do-able project. If the Redhawk is using the two spring system like the Super Redhawk, the trigger pull can be worked on and results will be favorable. The older ones used a single spring for trigger return and hammer fall(mainspring )force. This system has definite limitations as far as what can be done to the trigger.

Thanks for the the recommendation Mike!

Randy

Along the same lines... I'm having great difficulty resisting the idea of having a Super Redhawk cut to Alaskan dimensions, and rebored, rechambered to 45 ACP.

AngryRb, who did the conversion on your revolver? I'll have it cut to accept moonclips, too.

Doesn't this sound like fun, kids? Sorry for the slight hijack....

Bob

Along the same lines... I'm having great difficulty resisting the idea of having a Super Redhawk cut to Alaskan dimensions, and rebored, rechambered to 45 ACP. 

AngryRb, who did the conversion on your revolver? I'll have it cut to accept moonclips, too.

Doesn't this sound like fun, kids?  Sorry for the slight hijack....

Bob

Bob,

Wild West Guns in Alaska did the conversion. When I had my gun done they offered a Super Red that would shoot .454 Cassul, .45LC and .45ACP/moonclips. If you go to MOONCLIPS.COM Tom K. has their web site listed.

ANGRYREB

• 1 month later...