Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Barrel And Why ?

paraman1

All right , the barrel I was watching on ebay went out of my price range so I am looking at buying a new one for my 1100 . My choices are either the 21 inch slug barrel with rem chokes from Cabelas for 171.00 shipped or the Competition master barrel from Remington for 211 plus shipping . This will be a limited/tactical shotgun used USPSA and tactical style shotgun matches as well as shooting Upland game birds in the fall .

Slug barrels usually come with Rifle Sights and that won't be much good for upland hunting, so check the product description carefully. The Competition barrel had a vent rib if my memory serves me, but there should be more used barrels on the market for less than or not much over 100 bucks. Gun shows and pawn shops would be an additional source for used, maybe ugly, complete guns for 199 bucks.

I have the cheap shotgun , just need a barrel . Mine is a 3 inch magnum with a 30 inch barrel . My problem is that any barrel with screw in chokes is either as much used or more than I can buy one new . I was originally going to cut my barrel down and have it threaded for chokes but since its a magnum barrel I would like ot keep it for duck hunting . Good call on the iron sight thing though .