Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Single-Stage Press Powder Measure recommendations

I own a Lee Breech Lock Single-Stage Press and have the Lee 4-die pistol die set. Decapping/sizing die, powder pass-through/expander die, seating die, and resizing/crimp die.

I need a powder measure to put on top of the powder pass-through die. Lee sells a thing called the Perfect Powder Measure but the Internet word is they leak powder.

So I went looking around and got a little lost.

Any opinions on what a good powder measure would be for this thing? (he said naively. 🙂 )

Only the Lee powder system fits the Lee powder through die.

That is not true, I have adaptors that fit the Lee die to accept any 7/8 thread powder measurer.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pretty much any of them can do the job.

Hornady, Lyman, RCBS, you will need adaptor to use one if you are using the Lee powder thru die.

I also have a Lee basic one ,it seems to do ok. It is definitely not as nice as the other ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

On 5/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, ChemistShooter said:

I own a Lee Breech Lock Single-Stage Press and have the Lee 4-die pistol die set. Decapping/sizing die, powder pass-through/expander die, seating die, and resizing/crimp die.

I need a powder measure to put on top of the powder pass-through die. Lee sells a thing called the Perfect Powder Measure but the Internet word is they leak powder.

So I went looking around and got a little lost.

Any opinions on what a good powder measure would be for this thing? (he said naively. 🙂 )

Since you mention it will be expander die mounted, why not get a Lee auto measure, and use the auto powder drop feature of the die.

Either the Pro Auto Disc or Auto Drum would my choice.

https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-precision-reloading-equipment/lee-powder-handling/lee-autodrum-powder-measure

https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-precision-reloading-equipment/lee-powder-handling/lee-pro-auto-disk-

what I use,

😀

Edited by Kenstone

Not what you are looking for but I use an RCBS Little Dandy powder measure when I use a single stage press.I put the primed cases in a loading block and charge 50 cases in under 2 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk