Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Experiences With Atlanta Arms ?

standles

Hello All:

Not asking for anyone to start a bashing war. I am considering getting Atlanta Arms to load ~5000 .38 super comp for me and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with thier ammo.

The quote they supplied seemed reasonable and on par with what it was going to cost me to reload it myself.

The reason I am asking is I got thier info from a web contact (who didn't use them just knew they existed). The website was minimal to say the least. I emailed and was promptly replied to. I just wanted some more assurances before spending $1K + with an unknown quantity.

Thanks, Steven

Great stuff & a great company. HOWEVER, I personally have never had them custom load .38 Super Comp for me so I can NOT speak to how well they will do that. If anyone else responds about Atlanta, I would ignore what they have to say unless they have used Atlanta for the purpose of custom-loading a very very specialized round like Major Power factor .38 Super Comp. Anything less is not a valuable comparison.

In the quote they gave me they mentioned:

I will be loading 38 supercomp for the AMU hopefully within 30 to 60 days. This ammo consists of the following:

Starline brass, Fed primers, Zero 125GR bullets and IMR 7625 powder.

Not real sure who/what AMU is but that was basically what I was considering as my loads.

Not real sure who/what AMU is but that was basically what I was considering as my loads.

AMU= Army marksmanship unit.

Danny Weisner is good people. I have been using their 180Gr 40 S&W match ammo for 3 months now and have no complaints. I just got some of their 147JHP 9MM match ammo but haven't tried it yet. As far as I am concerned they are good to go.

Thanks for the info and for the couple of personal emails I got. While I need a short term solution now (hand reload) I am definately going to get with Danny and try out some of thier stuff. Using new brass they were a cheap as I could do it myself.

Thanks for your inputs, Steven