Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M2 and Stoeger m3000 barrel compatability

Jpreedy

• 2 weeks later...

Gotcha!  I have a M1 that had a 24" barrel originally, but it was 24"s low with slugs at 50 yards...traded it to a guy that wanted more of a field rib barrel and he traded me what I originally thought was a M2 24" barrel...turns out it was a 21", but it was much more POA / POI with slugs, so now I just run it and it works great...would still prefer the 24" for balance, but it is what it is and new barrels aren't cheap.  I'd keep an eye out on gunbroker and ebay.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 7:31 PM, Halo09 said:

M1 barrels are compatible, but you will also need an M1 handguard.  What M2 barrel do you currently have and why the swap?

On 2/12/2019 at 8:38 PM, Halo09 said:

Gotcha!  I have a M1 that had a 24" barrel originally, but it was 24"s low with slugs at 50 yards...traded it to a guy that wanted more of a field rib barrel and he traded me what I originally thought was a M2 24" barrel...turns out it was a 21", but it was much more POA / POI with slugs, so now I just run it and it works great...would still prefer the 24" for balance, but it is what it is and new barrels aren't cheap.  I'd keep an eye out on gunbroker and ebay.

No, this is backwards...  M1 barrels do work with M2 handguards, but AFAIK, not the opposite...  You'll need an M2 handguard to put a M2 barrel on an M1, but not vice versa.

NB:  If you buy an M1 barrel for your M2, then you'll need different chokes...  The M1 uses "Mobil" chokes, and the M2 uses "Crio+" chokes.  (I thought I saved a bundle buying an M1 barrel for $250, but then I needed chokes for it, too.) 

Agreed:  eBay or GunBroker is a good place to find a barrel. 

• 3 years later...

If you are looking for a replacement barrel, look at the Four Peaks Copolla T4 shotgun.  It is almost a direct copy of the Benelli, made in Turkey I do believe.  Was looking at it when I was trying to decide between the Stoeger and the T4, but the T4 was $150 more than the Stoeger, and you would have to spend another $200 or more to get a 7+1 shotgun, whereas the Stoeger comes out of the box as 7+1.  But look at what the T4 barrels will cost, just a suggestion.