Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Stop For 40 Para

AZGunut

Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat dumb qeustion. I just recently got a Para P16-40 LTD (One of the Dawson-Jarrett ones) and the original owner modified the slide stop not to go to slide lock. I would like to get a new slide stop to drop in to aceive slide lock. I tried all of my mags and they all lock on another P16 I have so I fugure its the Slide Stop. I also tried dropping in a few different 45 slide stops, but they were a no go (Wilson Bulletproof, McCormick, EGW) Would a 38/9 slide stop do the trick? Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat dumb qeustion.  I just recently got a Para P16-40 LTD (One of the Dawson-Jarrett ones) and the original owner modified the slide stop not to go to slide lock.  I would like to get a new slide stop to drop in to aceive slide lock.  I tried all of my mags and they all lock on another P16 I have so I fugure its the Slide Stop.  I also tried dropping in a few different 45 slide stops, but they were a no go (Wilson Bulletproof, McCormick, EGW)  Would a 38/9 slide stop do the trick?  Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

The 9mm/.38S slide stop is different than the .40/.45 slide stop. I believe the "foot" that engages the magazine follower has to be shorter on the .40/.45 so the nose of the round won't engage it.

I am not dead sure if Para's slide stop is "1911 standard", because their guide rod in my 1640 definitely is not. I am sure Para could sell you a slide stop. Mr Wedge (Para's parts meister) might give you one, he is very nice about replacing parts.

The slide stop for any 1911 in .40 should work in your Para, I broke one a couple of years ago at a class and was able to get a standard replacement.

Bountyhunter, curious as to the difference between your guide rod and a normal one. I've tried three different standard guide rods in mine trying to find the balance I wanted and never had a problem with any of them.

(Guess I should have looked who was logged in, BJs brother posting).