Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me get better pcc 4 stages uspsa

Bwillis

First video-stage 4

2nd video-stage 1

3rd video-stage 2

4th video-stage 5

stage 3 video messed up 

Low fruit, I see moving into and out of position faster, translations leading with eyes, better hits. On the classifier I grabbed for the wrong mag and make up shot. 

F139D98E-C951-4388-B294-021577B0074B.png

47C58A93-5776-4EF6-881B-5AD9D899B106.png

Edited by Bwillis

Your position exits look a lot like mine did last season. Not slow, but not explosive either.

I've prioritized squats, suicide sprints, burpees and stair runs in my workout and set up my little basement dry fire stages to really force a lot of 6-12 foot movements to focus on hard exits. I've also been working on staying low and preloading the leg I'm pushing off of so that I'm starting to move as I break the last shot in a position. The gains have been very noticeable in the last two months.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:40 PM, TonytheTiger said:

Your position exits look a lot like mine did last season. Not slow, but not explosive either.

I've prioritized squats, suicide sprints, burpees and stair runs in my workout and set up my little basement dry fire stages to really force a lot of 6-12 foot movements to focus on hard exits. I've also been working on staying low and preloading the leg I'm pushing off of so that I'm starting to move as I break the last shot in a position. The gains have been very noticeable in the last two months.

Thanks for the input tony, I will incorporate most of your recommendations. I’m going to start insanity and some dumbbell workouts, hopefully that will help. I noticed on tight corners I dip the barrel down and swing out, I think it would be faster to snap over my shoulder and punch it back out. Hopefully I explained that correctly.