Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opening Mpx gas port

Update time:

The open ported ILWT barrel ran 750 rounds yesterday with 2 stoppages with my PRD/PCC load (Stovepipes)

A remarkable improvement, considering it was a single shot before. 

I need to call Rob and see how large this one is ported. Decide my next steps. 

Obviously the recoil impulse with the opened  gas port was more stout with factory ammo, but I could always get the restrictive plug if I needed to shoot factory ammo 

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, Dirty_J said:

Update time:

The open ported ILWT barrel ran 750 rounds yesterday with 2 stoppages with my PRD/PCC load (Stovepipes)

Obviously the recoil impulse with the opened  gas port was more stout with factory ammo, but I could always get the restrictive plug if I needed to shoot factory ammo 

Did you change any of the springs while you where at it?

On 1/6/2019 at 10:52 AM, Dirty_J said:

Update time:

Did you find out what size gas port and valve? Thanks!

3 hours ago, SergioSF said:

Did you find out what size gas port and valve? Thanks!

Port was opened up to 0.055" according to Rob. Had been slacking in calling him back due to a flu stricken house. 

Gas valve was "open". 

I asked him about running the restrictive valves with the opened port for factory ammo.. he told me to go +20% recoil spring instead. 

Edited by Dirty_J
  • 1 month later...

Further update on my MPX. 

Still havent done anything with the gas system.. but have shot around 3000 rounds of factory 115/124's through it in the last 6 weeks. 

Tried the 150gr Syntech again... flawless. 

Tried my 135gr production load again... shot perfectly, though it wouldnt lock the bolt back. 

Another 500 round practice session in the books. I love this gun. I feel like I wasted a season on a blowback gun! 😂

16 hours ago, Dirty_J said:

Further update on my MPX. 

Still havent done anything with the gas system.. but have shot around 3000 rounds of factory 115/124's through it in the last 6 weeks. 

Tried the 150gr Syntech again... flawless. 

Tried my 135gr production load again... shot perfectly, though it wouldnt lock the bolt back. 

Another 500 round practice session in the books. I love this gun. I feel like I wasted a season on a blowback gun! 😂

Are you also running the +20% springs Rob recommended?