Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with Odin Works O2 Handguard

Mercs

If anyone has experience with this I’d really appreciate advice. I tried aligning this handguard several times during installation, but every time i got it torqued it would slide over just a little, and be visibly misaligned with my upper. I like the hand guard, but I can’t live with a canted rail like this. Now I’ve loosened and tightened it a half dozen times and also wondering if I need to add more thread sealant, and what should I use if so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done two of those and I also had problems with the timing. But I eventually got it right the way mentioned above. Due to the trouble with installation, If I didn't really like the handguard, I wouldn't have got the second one 😕

also if I remember correctly the adapter can be reversed if the threads are way off. And the torque spec is a range rather than an exact number you need to hit

When you install the hand guard, take a carry handle or scope mount and use it to bridge the rail across the upper receiver and the handguard. That will keep everything in line when you tighten the handguard to the barrel nut.

Edited by DesertTortoise

Thanks guys I’m going to try one more time this weekend. I had tried to estimate the overclocking and account for it with no luck the first few times. I want it to be exactly true for obvious reasons

Ok I was able to get it clocked correctly after a few more tries. I guess it wasn’t as bad as the Aero mount (ditched that for a LaRue), and it’s definitely LIGHT and looks good, so it was worth it

Glad you got it worked out. They make a nice handguard

It is! I think it’s a lot stronger than it looks. I beat it on the bench a few times just to see if it would hold up. Should be fine for tossin in a barrel