Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Techwell Ergo Grips

Linkscoach

Anyone using these on their single stack. I’m currently using their TGO mag well and standard grips. I would like something a little thicker. They claim they feel 2011 like and I would really like that if it’s true. Looking for experience from others before I commit to them though. 

Here’s a link https://techwellusa.com/grips/g10-positec-ergonomic-grips.html

Edited by Linkscoach

I DON'T own a pair of them BUT!

Couple of guys at the local club do and they do feel wider and have a great overall feel to them..

Fill the hand very nicely and the wider portions are all in the correct locations.

I run DS Perriman's on my 1911's 

But I've got one 45 with a Techwell on it and I like you am thinking of getting a pair of these.

I believe you'll like them if you're going to keep your magwell.

Shot with one of the Shooters connection guys that had some a month or two back and loved the way they felt on his gun so I followed suit. If you like fat grips I think you might be happy, they greatly pinched the grips in near the top - to the point where you need to install thinner upper grip bushings and shorter grip screws - that part works ok for me but I do not think it is 2011 ish. Couple pics that I think show them more accurately than some of the add pics.

On install it was a pain to get my upper grip bushings out and I ended up destroying them, the shorter grip screws they send were not short enough and I had to fix that on my grinder, and I thought it was cheap arse of them not to include matching lower grip screws. Quibbles aside I am happy with them. 

baer1.thumb.jpg.e7c7e51b45717f9a077890b9bec024f0.jpgbaer3.thumb.jpg.d4ff12b4dda16342c4d43ec2cadc68b7.jpg

12 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Shot with one of the Shooters connection guys that had some a month or two back and loved the way they felt on his gun so I followed suit. If you like fat grips I think you might be happy, they greatly pinched the grips in near the top - to the point where you need to install thinner upper grip bushings and shorter grip screws - that part works ok for me but I do not think it is 2011 ish. Couple pics that I think show them more accurately than some of the add pics.

On install it was a pain to get my upper grip bushings out and I ended up destroying them, the shorter grip screws they send were not short enough and I had to fix that on my grinder, and I thought it was cheap arse of them not to include matching lower grip screws. Quibbles aside I am happy with them. 

baer1.thumb.jpg.e7c7e51b45717f9a077890b9bec024f0.jpgbaer3.thumb.jpg.d4ff12b4dda16342c4d43ec2cadc68b7.jpg

Thanks for the reply and pics. You think they are an improvement over standard shaped oversized grips?

10 hours ago, Linkscoach said:

You think they are an improvement over standard shaped oversized grips?

For my hands, yes I am happy that I have them, you might hate them though. I had D.S.Permans on a previous 1911 and also liked that grip if you want to be safe about being 2011 ish. 

If you tell Shooters Connection that you are a Benos forum member they set you up with a discount tied to your log in. Drops the price from 95 to 74 on the tech wells.