Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine release comparison

Germanguy5

Good morning everyone. I'm new and I could not find anything about it anywhere. Anyways I am a proud owner of a gen 3 glock 21c. I'm shopping around for awesome easy mods. I have a gripforce tail on it without modifications, company said it was impossible, I guess for liability reasons. Anyways I noticed alot like to put oem mag release from large frame into normal frame glock for extended mag release. Has anyone done a comparison on mag releases? Would it be possible to get something little more low profile. Or maybe Rainier arms new MARS mag release? I do love the way you can get the mag with your trigger finger. Thank you in advance. 

5 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Take the gripforce off. They push you hand down lower on the gun by filling in the crucial area at the top of the beavertail. 

This is a bad thing.

Not if you have meaty hands and a high grip.  I wouldn't shoot a glock in competition without a beavertail, i have been sliced and diced too many times. What i have noticed is that if you have a meaty enough hand to pull a grip safety up with the web of your hand on a a 1911 so it won't fire (I do), a standard glock without a beavertail is going to bite you to the point of blood flying. 

I shot gen 3 and 4th as duty weapons. But I am curious about the mag release different sizes,  how much difference is in oem in complex frame like glock 19,23,etc. standard frames glock 17,22,31,vs the large frames 21,41. I know the MARS looks huge on a glock 19 gen 3, looks like one cm longer than the oem glock 19. That's what I wanna experiment with. But 59.99 to order a MARS is too expensive, not knowing the length difference or the position of the notch where the spring goes into