Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tp Increase After Adding Gm Trigger Spring?

SouthpawG26

I just swapped my stock trigger spring for a Glockmeister item, and my trigger pull actually noticably increased rather than decreased..... :(

Only other mods to my G26 are a Glock 3.5lb connector and internal polish (from day one, about 2 years ago). I swapped back and forth with the stock trigger spring a few times just to be sure, and the result remains consistent: the GM heavy trigger spring (a 6lb spring or thereabouts) actually increased trigger pull over the stock item (5lb) every time.

I'm baffled.......

Any ideas?

Any increase in the weight of the trigger spring is going to increase the weight of your trigger pull.... How would increasing the pressure on the cruciform to striker engagement decrease trigger pull?? Why would you put a heavier one in unless you want a heavier trigger pull... You would want a RP one for the opposite effect....

The only thing I could think of is with the heavier trigger spring it would not allow the trigger to fully reset and preload the striker spring earlier....

I just swapped my stock trigger spring for a Glockmeister item, and my trigger pull actually noticably increased rather than decreased.....

Something isn't right then.

Are you sure you had a stock spring in there to start with?

Any increase in the weight of the trigger spring is going to increase the weight of your trigger pull.... 

Because a trigger spring pulls the cruciform to the rear, a heavier spring should lighten trigger pull. Glockmeister's trigger pull page also shows a slight lowering of TP with their heavy trigger spring, when compared to stock. Wolff also adds a slightly heavier trigger spring to it's competition spring pack. :blink:

You should get a definite difference with the Glockmeister "trigger return" spring. You should be able to tell just by pulling the trigger, no gauge needed.

I wonder if you might have got the two springs mixed up some how?

You should get a definite difference with the Glockmeister "trigger return" spring.  You should be able to tell just by pulling the trigger, no gauge needed.

I wonder if you might have got the two springs mixed up some how?

The GM spring is visibly at least one coil shorter, and is shiny. The stock spring has that characteristic matte, light grey look, just like the stock recoil spring. Just did the swap one last time, still the same outcome......

It increases the upwards engagement pressure on the cruciform and striker engagement.. One of the main trigger lightening tricks is to redrill the trigger bar therefore decreasing the engagement force... PUtting a heavier return spring in just increases the force... I use a reduced power return spring in my 2lb trigger job.. With the stock spring it is right around 2.75lbs. With a ny1 trigger spring its over 3lbs..