Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One more in the mix

Msnthrp451

Been in and around firearms for 40+ years....Spent some time in the Military and then a few years in Law Enforcement... Did some IPSC shooting back when it was pretty much the only game in town...Never had the discipline to commit much time or energy (read $$) to it and found other interests... Now that retirement leaves me with a bit more free time I want to get back to the shooting sport and hopefully improve on what I started way back when..

I have read so much good information here from so many knowledgeable people... I hope I can contribute here and there and bring something to the forums besides questions.

Now spending my days between Texas and Colorado

I was going to start with IDPA, but with the usual rumors flying around about the long term health of said organization, I would not be opposed to venturing in to USPSA.

Of course it may depend on which one is closer or even available in my area... Having never shot either one from what I have read IDPA has more classes that allow me to use my EDC gear and not be left behind technology-wise...More "real world" scenarios? 

Again having never shot in either discipline I am speaking from a place of ignorance and may be way off in my interpretation.

No harm in trying them both out. Certainly seems like you are on the right track. I defiantly like the idea of trying out IDPA first. Stages are generally shorter and simplified so you can easily get away with only having 3 magazines. Scoring is also very easy to understand. Let us know how you like it!

Edited by ngodwetrust21