Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1000 Post

dajarrel

I never figured when I came to read on these forums in March 2003 that I would ever post to it 1000 times.

Thanks to all the folks for their insights and putting up with my remarks and questions.

BE, thanks for putting it all together and keeping it all wrapped up. A really great forum with really great people.

dj

The question is, do we WANT to catch up with him??!! :P

We're not even sure HOW he got all those posts... or where he's really BEEN! :rolleyes:

Gotta be some strange kinda guy who posts over 10K times in such a short period... <_< Some new law of physics or something...... :ph34r:

The question is, do we WANT to catch up with him??!!  :P

We're not even sure HOW he got all those posts... or where he's really BEEN! :rolleyes:

Gotta be some strange kinda guy who posts over 10K times in such a short period... <_< Some new law of physics or something...... :ph34r:

You know, it's really just the way the forum has evolved that has given Flex the amount of posts he has. About the time I joined the forum there was a good archive of posts to read that the original members had made. Many of them were lost unfortunetly. Lots of them were direct conversations with BE. The vibe seemed to be that there was this secret place that a world class shooter was giving out the ingredients of match success. Brian's book was fairly new and lots of threads dealt with explainations of chapters. At some point it seemed that about all the questions had been answered or discussed and general chat took place. Somewhere around that time the forum seemed to be taking quantum leaps in size. There were lots of questions about the book and other subjects that had been discussed recently. Because the crowd was small the request for duplicate info was kinda annoying. Flex paved the way toward links to previously discussed subjects.

Plus the moderating staff was waaaaaaay different then. BE and Pat H. basically ran the board. Flex, ShooterGrrl were mods but many of the mods aren't active now. Can't remember the name of the moderator I replaced, but he was an original. Pat would know, he got me the gig early on, and I'm not sure the board has ever recovered!!! lol

Flex became the link master. I remember giving him crap when he passed the 1000 post mark. Then the 5,000 and then the 10,000. I really don't think that he looks at his post count. He just comes to help.

The fact that Flex is an admin isn't the reason for his bloated post's. BE had the incredible insight to pick him. That's our benefit. We should revel in his constant presence and dilgent ethics.

Be quaranteed. Flex read each and every one of your 1000 post's!!!

I/we are not saying that Flex's posts were accumulated by some supernatural force. We all appreciate what Flex, BE, and all the moderators have done to make this website what it is today. A majority of the knowlage that i have learned, as far as shooting, was gained from this website.

Im just trying to poke Flex's ribs and keep him on his toes.

One of the many reasons for Flex's status is precisely so we CAN poke at him a bit. :P

Seriously, no one that I know of really has anything but appreciation for some of things Flex did during rapid periods of forum growth, intense periods of forum renovation and upgrade, and the covering of many bases when Brian simply became too busy setting up his store, managing Dillon issues or just plain doin' too many things at once... most of which were in an effort to better the forum, better his product and remain in personal touch with his customers and his forum members alike. I sometimes think neither Flex nor Brian manage to find much time for sleep... though I might be wrong. ;)

The evolution of the forum was, well, inevitable. That's the adventure of both a public place (kinda like a restaurant with a gradually changing menu)(and new customers all the time) AND the experience of the electronic media we call Internet Accessibility. Our places here are uniquely personal yet global. This forum isn't that old, either.

Sorta doesn't matter how many posts Flex has... it just makes good fodder for teasing. But I know he's put in some hardcore work-time on this project and I'll be oenof the many to thank him for it.

Now, let's GET him!!! :ph34r::P

• 2 weeks later...