Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Serendipity screws backing out of CZ75

TerryYu

I'm trying to figure out a solution to keep my optic on my gun.

I bought a serenditipy and mounted it to my CZ75 with 4 6-32 screws with the front hole on each side of the mount open as the CZ frame tapers down at that point.

The problem is that on a longer stage (30+ rounds) the shock and vibration is loosening the screws out of the frame. I've tried blue locktite but the recoil shock breaks it loose very quickly. I've also tried gooping it up with RTV Ultra Grey which is supposed to be ideal for high vibration and heat (up to 500F). That worked better and held up to a steel challenge match but yesterday I shot a 300 round match and the longer stages cause it to liquify and flow out of the threads!

So I'm looking for another solution to my problem. If I have to I can probably rig up some sort of spacer and tap my frame for the additional screws, but I would like to hold off on that if possible. Any suggestions? I could try red locktite, but I think the heat and shock would eventually get to it and I wouldn't be able to remove it easily as I don't want to melt the polymer Cmore. I've also heard of something called Vibra-Tite, but don't think it could withstand the high temps.

So... Ultra clean degreased then use new tube of red loctite, let it set according to the instructions before you use it.  If you have to get it off... Heat the screw from inside the dust cover with the tip of a soldering iron directly on the screw.  Also be careful of solvents when cleaning.

Loctite red 271

I've removed them without heat,  use a Allen bit that is basically new in a screw driver handle, and apply strong downward pressure 

don't use a Allen wrench and every time you remove a screw, replace it with a new one, if you don’t you will round out the hole