Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My Best Group Ever!

jnshapiro

Well, I recently shot the best group I've ever shot. It was with a pair of Ruger Vaquero's that have had Shelin barrels installed. I was testing a new bullet that I've been considering for Steel Challenge.

In order to make it as consistent as possible, each shot was drawn from holster. Draw, aim fire follow-through, holster. 5 shots from the left gun and 5 shots from the right side gun. It took me a long time to shoot this group as speed wasn't what I was testing. I suppose I should have used a ransom rest, but I don't own one and don't know anyone local that does.

This was shot with 38 spl. 125gr bullets with Federal primers and 3.8gr of American Select. Velocity is a nice slow 740fps or so. Target was placed at 25 yards. This is the load I use for Steel Challenge. It measures a big 1 1/8 inches. Without the 2 flyers on the outside, it's 7/8 of an inch. I'm not sure you can call them flyers as it was probably me wobbling.

Here's a link to the target: http://www.cowboybullets.com/DCB%20Graphic...BulletGroup.jpg

This seemed like a good place to brag!

Guess I'm out of excuses for missing a target on Pendulum :blink:

Joel

Nice!!

When I started shooting, getting a 2" group was like the Holy Grail since I went after it so hard for what seemed like a long time.

When I finally started to shoot those 2" groups I was pretty happy about it, since I had loaded the ammo myself on a single-stage press. I'd brag about the components and how it was better than factory ammo [which it was].

The beauty of being able to shoot a 1" or 2" group is that you know the ammo is there, waiting on you to shoot a perfect hit every time.