Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why Not Producton Major?

Jim Norman

If 9mm can make major in Open it should be allowed to make major everywhere...do that and make all magazines flush fitting with the frames and no extension pads and you have a really competitive sport again......

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If 9mm can make major in Open it should be allowed to make major everywhere...do that and make all magazines flush fitting with the frames and no extension pads and you have a really competitive sport again......

it wouldn't be long before someone started making some pretty big frames/grips...

Jim,

Stop trying to piss in Vince's cheerios and stay out of IPSC. Also Please define competitive...I've seen you shoot! I would sadly have to admit that IPSC got Production right and USPSA could learn a few lessons there. Yes you can shoot a 40 or 45 but even here where we have the "field equalizing 10 round" 9 still rules. The difference in shooting a .40 or 45 in USPSA Production vs shooting it in Limited 10 with major scoring is??????

My impression of why the Glock division....(errr I mean the Production division) was started was to attract new shooters to the sport, where they could just show up and shoot their 9mm and larger "real" guns.... without being handicapped for shooting 9mm. It gave minor 9mm shooters somewhere to compete on a level field.

Also, the capacity issue is still an issue in some states, and lots of Beretta/Glock/Sig owners etc out there still have only 10 round mags, nationwide. Requiring someone to buy all new mags just to play our game might be just enough to turn them away, as a new shooter.

While some of the best shooters in the country play in and rule Production division, it was intended as a starting place for newer shooters, IMHO. If you want to shoot major, or use hi-cap mags, shoot Lim or Open. Theres plenty of room for everyone in one of the many divisions, why make Production just like Limited, except DA only? :huh:

Well said Shawn.