Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer Question

JFD

I've got a Competition Electronics Pro Timer IV Super that will do just about anything I want it to.

My only complaint is that when I'm trying to record splits, where the split time is displayed "cycles" through "ACCUM", "NO 2", "SPLIT", and then shows the split time. If you happen to miss the split, you have to wait through the cycle again.

Between this minor problem, and the switch for the horn ON/OFF being in a spot where it gets turned off often, and never on purpose, I'm interested in another timer.

All I really want is to be able to see the total time, and of course the splits without having to wait on the timer to cycle through stuff I don't want to see. Any additional features would be a plus, but not a deciding factor.

With my wife now shooting, we RO each other in practice, so there's not even a "need" for a timer delay. All I want is to press a button and see the split time.

I'm hoping such a timer exists.

Thanks

Can anyone confirm if the CED8000 "cycles" or not? Unless this would be the CED Shred refers to.

I'm thinking the CED would fit my needs the best as long as it doesn't "cycle".

• 2 weeks later...

I took a chance and ordered the CED8000.

It does not "cycle" and appears to be really nice.

I record everything my wife and I do in practice, so the CED will be a big help in getting the data transferred from the timer to paper much faster than my old timer.

The headphones could come in handy for late night dryfire, and the case that comes with it is a quality item. I kind of expected some rinkydink kind of thing.

Thanks Shred for responding.