Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Inherent Accuracy?

cep

Is the Glock 34 inherently more accurate than say, the G17? Is the 34 practical for CCW carry on an average size, okay shorter, male? I currently own a G 23 but find that I dont shoot that pistol quite as well as I desire. I am improving rapidly do to reading this forum and the book as well as shooting once a week.

Interestingly I shoot a 19ll super 38 or 45 much more accurately, but I love the Glock for its simplicity and ease of maintainance. I find the 1911 much harder to clean etc.

The only thing that will makes its appear more accurate is the longer sight radius for the shooter. My 35 will shoot one hole at 15 yards. It's trigger control with a Glock. With the longer pull there is more time to screw up the shot. Practice, practice, practice.

I think your post contains the answer. If you shoot a 1911 better, I'd wager it's because of the trigger. Sifgt radius difference between a standard Glock and the longer one is only a slight difference. A crisp breaking trigger makes most shooters accuracy improve markedly, and Glock's have the mushiest triggers I've ever pulled. Some people can shoot them accurately, but IMO it is more dificult compared to a gun with a sharper trigger.

I'll agree with everyone when they say it's all about trigger control with a Glock if you want accuracy. My accuracy sucked with the stock trigger, but once I got a Vanek trigger, my accuracy skyrocketed. I've carried my 34 on a couple occasions and haven't found it to be too bulky.

To choose which would be more accurate between the 17 and 34, I would have to say that's up to the guy shooting it. I just like the longer sight radius of the 34.

I'll agree with everyone when they say it's all about trigger control with a Glock if you want accuracy.  My accuracy sucked with the stock trigger, but once I got a Vanek trigger, my accuracy skyrocketed.  I've carried my 34 on a couple occasions and haven't found it to be too bulky. 

To choose which would be more accurate between the 17 and 34, I would have to say that's up to the guy shooting it.  I just like the longer sight radius of the 34.

My G-34 with a Vanek trigger breaks at 1.5 lbs, I would never use it as a carry gun.