Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Broken Firing Pins in Extreme Bolts - Anything Better?

On 9/10/2018 at 10:27 AM, RaylanGivens said:

I'm running a HiperFire Eclipse trigger with the lightest springs.

I ordered three firing pins from Taccom...  I noticed that they were different from the firing pin that originally came with my bolt...  Tim said to keep the original in if it's working...  I don't know if the standard sized head firing pins are any better.

I'm breaking the very tip of the pin off.

My firing pin broke at a match the weekend before the Lucas Oil PCC Championship.  The tip that hits the primer was misshapen and it was snapped in half right where it goes from thick to thin.  This was a Taccom, but not one of their newer ones with the larger strike face in the rear.

In any case, I also use a Hiperfire 24C and was using the heaviest springs(silver), which have higher hammer drop energy by roughly 35% according to the instructions.  This delivers the lightest trigger pull.  When you said you were using the "lightest" springs, did you mean the lightest springs or the springs that deliver the lightest trigger pull?  Just curious...after replacing the firing pin, I've decided to try the yellow springs to see if it makes this one last longer.  It should supposedly deliver "low-end stock hammer energy".

3 hours ago, fbzero said:

My firing pin broke at a match the weekend before the Lucas Oil PCC Championship.  The tip that hits the primer was misshapen and it was snapped in half right where it goes from thick to thin.  This was a Taccom, but not one of their newer ones with the larger strike face in the rear.

In any case, I also use a Hiperfire 24C and was using the heaviest springs(silver), which have higher hammer drop energy by roughly 35% according to the instructions.  This delivers the lightest trigger pull.  When you said you were using the "lightest" springs, did you mean the lightest springs or the springs that deliver the lightest trigger pull?  Just curious...after replacing the firing pin, I've decided to try the yellow springs to see if it makes this one last longer.  It should supposedly deliver "low-end stock hammer energy".

You are correct...  I'm using the Hiperfire springs that give the lightest trigger pull...  so that would be the heaviest Hiperfire trigger springs...  My trigger was a little over 2 pounds the last time I checked it...  Not as light as my Open gun, but I certainly don't want to make it heavier.