Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW Multigun Match at Cowtown (Phoenix AZ)

I am told that a new Match Director will be running a multigun match at Cowtown (Phoenix AZ) on the third Saturday morning each month. The inaugural match will be on Saturday September 15th. Here is what I know so far:

• The match will be run under IMA-SMM3G rules, the same we use at Rio Salado. Like at Rio, folks can choose between 2-Gun (rifle/pistol) and 3-Gun (rifle/pistol/shotgun) versions of the 5 equipment divisions (Open, Stealth, Tactical, Limited and Heavy metal). NEW at this match only is the option to run a PCC instead of a pistol in the 2-Gun divisions only (PCC not allowed in 3-Gun divisions).
  • Match start time will be 8am. Aim to arrive early so you have time to sign-in and check out the stages before you shoot.
  • There will be four (4) stages, with at least one having long-range rifle targets. Some of the stages will be in natural terrain.
  • This MD likes high round counts; everyone should bring at least 100 rounds for their rifle, 75 rounds for their pistol/PCC, and shotgunners will also need a minimum of 50 birdshot and 5 slugs.
  • Scoring will be on paper, and there will be open squadding, so pre-registration is NOT required... just turn up, sign-in and shoot.
  • The match fee will be $25.

I want to emphasize that this is not my match, but I do know the MD and he is a great guy. He knows his stuff too as he used to run matches in Colorado, and I am excited to see what he builds for us. I will update this thread as I learn more details.

Questions? Post 'em here and I will do my best to get you the answers.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Here is a bit more information from the MD:

Although scoring will be done on paper, the scores will be entered by a scorekeeper into PractiScore. This means you will be able to find your scores quickly and easily after the match. In order to make life easier on the scorekeeper, the MD asks that everyone who is planning on shooting the match go to PractiScore and enter their details. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER. No payment will be required to register (you will pay the match fee in cash on the day of the match).

Concerning the PCC option, this will be available only in a dedicated "2-Gun Rifle/PCC" Division. The rifle will be subject to IMA Open Rifle rules (just about anything goes), and the PCC will be subject to IMA PCC rules (minimum caliber 9mm, maximum velocity 1600fps, must have a stock or bracing device installed). If you enter this division, you may NOT also use a handgun... all pistol/PCC targets must be engaged with the PCC.

I hope this all makes sense - post here if you have any questions and I will relay them to the MD.