Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cerakote better?

paopao

Properly applied cerakote  won’t chip there. But it will wear smooth and slick. Basically it’ll get polished down by the holster in a few months in that spot... but it shouldn’t chip.

If you want a hard enough finish to show NO wear, a nitride or ion bond or DLC type of high-end finish is your only option.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Properly applied cerakote  won’t chip there. But it will wear smooth and slick. Basically it’ll get polished down by the holster in a few months in that spot... but it shouldn’t chip.

If you want a hard enough finish to show NO wear, a nitride or ion bond or DLC type of high-end finish is your only option.

Thank you for the tip.  Will ask my gunsmith for that finish..I appreciate your quick response and the things that you posted about tanfoglio guns.  Ive learned a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

a few of the people I shoot with have brand new Stock II cerakoted from factory. All guns were bought this year and just regular holster use worn the cerakote off the slide.

no way around it, the cerakote is neither corrosive or friction resistant. I have seen a LOT of extreme guns with rusty slides.

Chrome for me thank you very much.

Cheers