Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elite Force Glock 17

blindmarksman

Anybody try the Elite Force Glock 17? Its the first airsoft gun officially licensed by glock. Really want to get into practicing with airsoft and having one nearly identical to my production gun sounds sweet. If you have other recommendations that's cool too.

3 hours ago, blindmarksman said:

Anybody try the Elite Force Glock 17? Its the first airsoft gun officially licensed by glock. Really want to get into practicing with airsoft and having one nearly identical to my production gun sounds sweet. If you have other recommendations that's cool too.

Got one last week for my daughter.  She’s put about 1,000 rounds through it without a hiccup. I’m impressed so far, we’ll see if it holds up.  

• 6 months later...

I got one after leaving Weld County USPSA. No idea how much I've put through it but making a sure mess in the basement for the shopvac to pick up. Here are my initial pros and cons

Pros: 

-Aesthetics and controls very similar to real steel.

-Accurate, the thing hammers at short range. I haven't tested past 5 yards.

-Cheap practice at home

Cons I will list in order:

- Doesn't fit in my Safariland Holster. The frame under the muzzle is taller and I suspect this is the culprit. It will get about halfway in but that's it.

- Magazines are expensive ($45 each), but this will be offset.

- Recoil, with correct form, there is very little muzzle rise. I expected this of course and will have to use live fire to confirm results.

Overall I like it for general fun training as I'm fairly new in the sport but I doubt I'll be able to reach Airsoft Splits (.14-.16 Alphas) with Real Steel anytime soon. What I really want it to help me with is my draw to first shot. When I first got the gun I was around 1.8 draws but have gotten down to about 1.2 consistently. I use the Splits App on android to do my timing.