Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for a dovetail mount for a Romeo 1

OPENB

I have a new 6moa Sig Romeo 1 that I want to dovetail mount on a G17, but I'm not finding a mount for it. I've found mounts for the MOS, but not a regular dovetail. Anyone have one or know of one?

Does the Romeo have it's own proprietary base pattern or is it compatible with one of the existing MOS options? The reason I ask, is that Dueck Defense's RBU is a dovetail mounted red dot site base that comes in configurations compatible with a range of red dots, RMR, Deltapoint, JP, Vortex, etc. I suspect the Romeo is yet a different pattern just because I was born skeptical and figured Sig, like many other manufacturers, didn't want to risk interchangeable bases. Keeping the Romeo unique increases sales of Romeos for Sig handguns.

I understand it's hole pattern is the same as one of the major models, but the locating pins on the base are in a different place. Some guys are grinding them off, and using one of the other mounts, but I wanted to keep the locating pins, so more than just the screws are keeping it centered on the base. The only thing that might work so far is the Strike Industries GUM universal mount.  I may try one if their isn't a dedicated mount out there.

I also don't have an MOS, I want to mount it in the dovetail on top of a regular 17 slide. I have found an MOS plate, but that doesn't help me.