Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P 2.0 threaded + TBRC Micro Comp

rider82

Recently purchased the micro comp, and tested Winchester 115, Winchester 124 NATO, and Remington 115 factory ammo.  All of them functioned with factory spring set up.  Both of the 115's basically ejected to just less than the height of my head and landed just outside my right foot.  The 124 NATO's went a little further.  I switched to a stainless guide rod and 15lb spring, and had similar results(Is the factory set up 16lbs?).  I then switched to a 13lb spring, and did not seem to have much improvement.  Considering an 11lb at this point?  Anybody else using one of these?  I am also considering a powder, I am assuming I should lean toward a medium to medium slow powder to gas the comp?

My buddy bought a 5", 2.0 and I took it to the range to see how it performed, compared to my Apexed, 1.0 Pro.

I was mostly running self defense loads, because that's what he bought it for, but, I did try a few of my pet handloads through it.

Ejection was very weak, except with +P loads.

Accuracy was ok, but, groups weren't nearly as tight as my Pro, with Apex, gunsmith fit barrel.

Shooting the same loads through both pistols, the 2.0 is a LOT softer shooting, so, I HAD to buy one.

I set mine up for Carry Optics, and replaced the stock recoil spring with a 13#, and found that it still needs at least 135pf just to function with a full magazine.

I swapped uppers, with my Pro, which will run down to 110pf, and I still needed at least 135pf to get it to function, with a full magazine.

My guess is that with the longer frame rails, they are causing more friction. Even though I've probably only put about 500 round through it, I've probably racked the slide 1,000 times.

I'm guessing that it will take 2-3K to get it to loosen up enough to run my "normal" 132pf load.