Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Airsoft Pistol Set-Up for Colder Climates?

Frankly

I've had a green gas 2011, performance fell off under 70 and it was unusable under 50. 

I guess I want an electric pistol but I don't know of anyone who makes a decent one. Does one exist? 

Any other tips for cold weather shooting? I think I'd have more fun with an electric rifle than a gas pistol that doesn't work 8 months out the year. Any suggestions on electrics in general? 

In cooler weather I kept spare mags wrapped in a heating pad.  I also tried to not run them dry.  Left some gas in the mags between reloads.   I also switched from green gas to propane to save a few dollars.

As for electric guns, never tried one.  If I ever do it will be in an M-4 pattern to practice for PCC.

Yeah I see some nice M4-Scar-oddball electric rifles and for pure fun running around in the backyard range they look like a lot of fun. Wouldn't mind getting a reliable one. 

• 3 weeks later...

Co2 will help you avoid many of the green gas temperature issues.

I just bought a Spartan/Elite Force Glock 17. You'll need MIL/LE credentials to buy the version with the Co2 magazine. Supposedly Elite Force is going to be producing civilian Co2 mags for their gun soon. Guns are identical other than licensing and the C02 mag that comes with the Spartan version.