Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P09 Spring Rates

joshuasm

If y’all would check in, what hammer and recoil springs are you running in 9MM? How do like them? Just thinking it would be nice to have consolidated and updated information on the forum. I’ve been searching here and the CZ forum too. 

I’ve read reports of ISMI vs CZ75 recoil springs and various poundages regarding tracking and reliability. I’m about to try a 12lb CZ75 in my CO setup soon. 

By the way is the 13lb hammer spring on CGW’s site different from the CZ75 13lb CGW hammer spring?

What sear springs/firing pin springs too?

In my CZ P09 I use the "gold" 15 pound hammer spring and I use the 18 pound flat wire recoil spring with CGW stainless guide rod. I also have the extended firing pin. Mine will reliably set off Federals, Winchesters and S&B. It will not with 100% reliability set off CCI's with the 15 pound hammer spring. If I need to use CCI's I have a 16 & 17 pound Wolff hammer springs that will reliably ignite the CCI's. My P09 has just about every spring/competition part CGW makes. It's one of the most reliable handguns I have ever owned. 

• 3 weeks later...