Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pact Mark Iv Timer Problems

smokshwn

I have a Pact MK IV timer and during my last practice session it starting missing shots regularly. Up until now it had worked in almost any position, however the only way to get it to pick up shots is to have it within a foot of the muzzle. I have changed batteries and checked the other functions, everything works except the shot pickup.

Is it time to send it in or am I doing something wrong?

Thanx, Craig

Hi Craig,

Well, no tricks to share other than my experience with the Mark IVs.

I have two of these, love the features, but have had to send both of them back to Pact for fixes. Virtually identical symptoms as yours -- that's why I now have two.

An expensive backup to be sure.

Good luck.

Ken

I called Pact because my MKIV was recording two shots indoors because of echos. They said that there is an internal adjustment, but recomended that I take a piece of foam ear plug and put it over he speaker hole while shooting indoors so that I don't have to take it apart and readjust it when I go outside.

Now having said that there is an internal adjustment, I have a feeling that is not your issue. Call Pact and ask them what's up. Here's a link with a number: http://www.pact.com/

Rick

Good luck man, it's always a pain when equipment lets you down. Might be a good time to buy one of the smaller timers as a back up. I love my MK IV but do wish it was a little smaller, but features like the comstock button and the chrony would make me make the same buying decision if I had to do it all over again.

Rick