Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lock N Load AP Primer Pocket Swager?

Who here is using the primer pocket swage tool for the Hornady progressive press? Any issues with it?

I have an old Pro-Jector that is my dedicated 45 Auto press. I might make it pull double duty as my swaging press.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 4/23/2018 at 6:58 AM, Tokarev said:

Who here is using the primer pocket swage tool for the Hornady progressive press? Any issues with it?

I have an old Pro-Jector that is my dedicated 45 Auto press. I might make it pull double duty as my swaging press.

Have one on order, arriving Wednesday, though I have nothing to compare it to.

Edited by SlvrDragon50

• 3 months later...

I have the primer pocket swager for my LnL AP press.  Works pretty well but I haven't compared it to anything else.  It is a little goofy loading the cases upside down but you can get into a good rhythm with it.  

I would double check that you can use it with the Pro-Jector press since part of the swager tool kit is the shell plate, I'm not familiar enough with the differences between the Pro-Jector and LnL AP to say whether it will work or not.  

I would double check that you can use it with the Pro-Jector press since part of the swager tool kit is the shell plate, I'm not familiar enough with the differences between the Pro-Jector and LnL AP to say whether it will work or not.  

Shell plates are the same between the two presses and were interchangeable until the grooved plate came out for the ejector nub on the latest presses.

The flat blade ejector lever on the Pro will have to be removed to put the swage shell plate on the old press. But it isn't needed anyway since the cases are upside down and come off the press via the die with the fingers in it.