Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just sayin' hi from Colorado.

LadyJ

I'm a newbie.  Joined because in many past searches Brian Enos' forums have come up and been helpful.  And now I have a question I can't find anyplace else to ask.  If the powers that be want to move this someplace else, please do.  And if anybody can provide a useful answer, I'll be ecstatic!   Anyway, we are starting up a ladies shooting team and, being ladies, considering apparel.  When I shoot matches I see all kinds of amazing jerseys and am all kinds of amazed at some of the people wearing them.  What I am confused about is:  is there some form of jersey etiquette?  Do you have to be sponsored by a company to wear their logo or can you just give them free advertising?  If you're a lousy shooter, will they be upset by your wearing their logo?  How does this all work?  Many thanks to anyone who can clear some of this up for me!

8 minutes ago, LadyJ said:

I'm a newbie.  Joined because in many past searches Brian Enos' forums have come up and been helpful.  And now I have a question I can't find anyplace else to ask.  If the powers that be want to move this someplace else, please do.  And if anybody can provide a useful answer, I'll be ecstatic!   Anyway, we are starting up a ladies shooting team and, being ladies, considering apparel.  When I shoot matches I see all kinds of amazing jerseys and am all kinds of amazed at some of the people wearing them.  What I am confused about is:  is there some form of jersey etiquette?  Do you have to be sponsored by a company to wear their logo or can you just give them free advertising?  If you're a lousy shooter, will they be upset by your wearing their logo?  How does this all work?  Many thanks to anyone who can clear some of this up for me!

Welcome to the forum!

Nope, no kind of etiquette. Nope, you do not have to be sponsored. Nope, they won't be upset if you're a lousy shooter. 

Cool.  There are many jersey makers out there and they will let you know which ones require permission.  I do know Springfield Armory has you sign a promissory saying will not print anything vulgar on the jersey and will behave in good sportsmanship.  Some others may as well.