Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi Gun Match Scoring

Rosswoodford

First things first:  Sorry If I'm posting this in the wrong forum. Ill happily move it if someone can help me with a location.

Secondly (and I'll try not to make it a novel):  I'm hosting a fundraiser 2 gun shoot this summer and plan to have a pistol+rifle stage, as well as a pistol only stage.   When putting people in their respective divisions, how does it change scoring being a multi-gun match?  I only have pistol division options. Can I make Stage 1 a multi gun stage within practiscore and have specific divisions for that stage, and then have Stage 2 set up as pistol stage where people are in their divisions (IE, Single stack, limited, etc)?

I'm not a practiscore guru by any means, so if anyone can shed some light, it would be greatly appreciated.  I realize I may not have worded the question the best.

Thanks,
Ross

Only 2 stages for the match? Might consider running it as 2 "mini" matches and let people "buy back in" to raise more cash.

How do you plan to score it? Time-plus? Time-plus w/points? Hit factor? Other?

Use of the different match types allows different division options. And, you can use custom divisions in some match types...

Would guess that someone with a little more PS experience can pretty quickly point you in the right direction as long as you're not trying to use some super weird scoring method, etc.

Feel free to PM with questions and I will try to help, though I'm definitely no guru.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2018 at 11:25 PM, wgj3 said:

Only 2 stages for the match? Might consider running it as 2 "mini" matches and let people "buy back in" to raise more cash.

How do you plan to score it? Time-plus? Time-plus w/points? Hit factor? Other?

Use of the different match types allows different division options. And, you can use custom divisions in some match types...

Would guess that someone with a little more PS experience can pretty quickly point you in the right direction as long as you're not trying to use some super weird scoring method, etc.

Feel free to PM with questions and I will try to help, though I'm definitely no guru.

Wow, can't believe I didn't see your reply.  It's only two stages because we are limited on time (This is during a rural town's summer festival where there are MANY events).

I'm not 100% sure how I plan to score it at this point, because the two stages we are running are completely different.  IE, one is two gun, one is pistol only.  Thank you for the idea on running two mini matches - That may be the way to go.