Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Trigger kit in a Performance Center M&P

kmanick

you'd think that if Smith and Wesson touts a line as Performance center and competition ready , they'd actually have a competition level trigger. ....... Wrong!!

I  have been on the fence about selling my PC 9L with the JPoint shield mini dot on it (which I love)

but I figured I'd try dropping in the Apex Flat faced forward trigger sear kit to see if it was salvageable. . Well I picked it up today and put 150 rounds

through it without the red dot on it and I was easily able to shoot 2" groups at 30-40 feet with consistency. I could not do that with the stock trigger in it.

It was like Night and day, the gun should've come from the Performance center shop like this.

I put the red dot back on and I'm ready to do some more shooting with it tomorrow. 

Why can Apex do this right and smith and wesson can't? I'm starting to think they are in bed together and S&W purposefully puts out these crappy

triggers and takes a cut from each Apex upgrade sold. It's not like they are a Junior company, they've been around for a long time

a good striker fire Trigger is not rocket science. H&K and Walther and even CANIK can do it right out of the box. S&W can't?

I don't buy it.

Apex%20forward%20sear%20trigger_zpsr2y5z

Edited by kmanick

don't know why the pic is gone

Apex%20forward%20sear%20trigger_zpskixvi

zero-d in my shield mini sight at 40 feet and worked on some double taps

suddenly this gun is a lot of fun to shoot and much more controllable, I was on the fence about getting rid of it

but it looks like this apex kit has saved it. :)

new%20trigger%20with%20dot%20at%2035%20f