Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some CZ P-10 C help, please

fastlane604

I switched out the trigger on my P-10 c for a CGW short reset trigger.  Everything went back to together fine, I thought. The pin holes easily lined up.  I didn't have to force anything together.  But I've got some kind of gremlin in my slide stop.  The slide locks back without a magazine in the magwell. It will not release by slingshotting the slide.  It will only release by bearing down on the slide stop.

When I try to take the slide off the frame, the slide gets stuck after traveling about one inch. It will only release forward after I press on the slide stop.  The slide stop is sitting too high, it would seem.  What do you think I did? Before I take it apart again I'd like to know what to look for. Thanks.

I imagine the slide stop spring was put in wrong or came out of its groove as you were reassembling it.  I put an HBI trigger in mine a while back and remember the slide stop spring being a little fussy to get just right.  

27 minutes ago, dave33 said:

I imagine the slide stop spring was put in wrong or came out of its groove as you were reassembling it.  I put an HBI trigger in mine a while back and remember the slide stop spring being a little fussy to get just right.  

Thank you.  That is verification of the only thing that I can think of.  I had a little trouble getting it to fit right and it may have slipped when I pressed that piece back into the frame.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:57 PM, dave33 said:

I took it apart again thinking that I would find the slide stop spring sitting out of its indented location.  It was not.  I took the slide stop along with the trigger and trigger bar and assembly out and reinstalled.  Nothing changed.  The slide locks back on an empty magwell. It will not slingshot. I still have to pull back on the slide and press down on the slide stop to release the slide to battery.  When taking the slide off it gets stuck after 1 inch of travel.  I must press down on the slide stop so the slide will release and travel off the end of the frame.

If it doesn't go back together and work this time I would call CGW directly.  They are great guys that can probably walk you through fixing your problem in minutes.  I had  a problem with a safety working with one of their hammers once and after pulling my last 3 hairs out tried calling them, told me where to do a very slight bit of filing and bam, worked perfectly.  

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the deal. It is good that the P-10 C is easy to take apart and put back together because I have made the round trip several times. With some egg on my face I confess it was the slide stop spring.  It is finicky.  Evidently, on my first disassembly and reassembly I inadvertently bent the leg of the spring enough that it took some tension off the slide stop. The leg of the spring must bear on the nub protruding from the bottom of the slide stop bar.  If not enough tension, the slide locks back on an empty magwell.  Too much tension and the slide will not rack at all.  And, the spring leg must bear on the nub while the loop of the spring remains in its relieved area.