Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quality Crafted Blades

Clay1

Besides firearms I have always had a passion for finely crafted blades. Many like fixed blades or autos or whatever. I have a sweet spot for tactical folders in the 3 to 4" blade lengths.

Today as part of my involvement with the bladeforums.com/ website, I recieved a passaround knife made by Chris Reeves called a Mnandi. It is a gentleman's folder of very nice quality and craftsmanship. She is a Chris Reeves Mnandi

with African Blackwood beauty. She doesn't belong to me, we just borrow each other nice blades so that we can get some personal experience with different makers. It's called a passaround.

If nice blades interest you come on over and visit once in a while. This is a link to Chris Reeves for anyone that might be interested in seeing the blade. I still don't know how to post pictures - sorry. http://www.chrisreeve.com/mnandi.htm

Rick

Besides firearms I have always had a passion for finely crafted blades.  Many like fixed blades or autos or whatever.  I have a sweet spot for tactical folders in the 3 to 4" blade lengths.

Today as part of my involvement with the bladeforums.com/ website, I recieved a passaround knife made by Chris Reeves called a Mnandi.  It is a gentleman's folder of very nice quality and craftsmanship.  She is a Chris Reeves Mnandi 

with African Blackwood beauty.  She doesn't belong to me, we just borrow each other nice blades so that we can get some personal experience with different makers.  It's called a passaround. 

If nice blades interest you come on over and visit once in a while.  This is a link to Chris Reeves for anyone that might be interested in seeing the blade.  I still don't know how to post pictures - sorry.  http://www.chrisreeve.com/mnandi.htm

Rick

How much would something like that be worth to you?

I like 'em. My daily carry knife is a large/classic Sebenza, and the "go to" big blade (that lives on my web gear) is a Project/I. A little high-end compared to the stuff coming out of the big (production) knife companies, but first rate all the way.

Alex

General Chang, this is a website that is very reasonably priced. You can check out the pricing on many of the Chris Reeves blades there:

http://www.newgraham.com/newpage2.htm

Wakal, honestly the Sebbie is more my style for about the same money if I were going to buy one for myself. The passarounds are opportunities to try blades that you might not otherwise. I've been involved in three of them that's all. A spydie Karambit, the new Benchmade 635 and this one. The Chris Reeves stuff isn't full custom, but it is very high on the quality scale and a gift of a lifetime. Zak, I hope that all of my kids, grow up like you. :D

Rick

My large regular Sebenza lives in my pocket every day it can. It comes out at least once a day to say hello and slice pieces out of wholes or reshape something or other, make a sandwich, open a box, shave some armhair. Somtimes it sees daylight and just gets opened and closed a few times and put back.

She's all scratched up, well used and less than a year old. I love her because she loves me. With that knife in my pocket, it's like a party in my pants, and you're not invited. :P

Seriously, I'm super happy with it. It wasn't cheap, but I did get a screaming deal on it. Still experimenting with the best lube for the joint - looking for that magic slick and long-lasting action feel that stays and stays. Tried RemOil, etc. and haven't found anything I really like. Right now I'm trying TW25B and Slip2000 mixed together...Miltec-1 grease mixed with Slip2000 works great too and might even be a little slipperier than the TW25B.

Any favorite Sebbie lube recipes, Wakal?

Lube? Run 'em dry...

:P

I've been in the edged weapon business for going on twenty years now; gives me an excuse to order all the new toys. I can't justify a Loveless, but Reeve is in my "working knife" range. Used to carry a Spyderco Calypso, and my BDU knife is a Benchmade D2 Axis-lock AFCK. I sure move a lot of CRKT, though :)

Alex

I actually like BenchMade for a working man's blade. Love the Axis Lock. My EDC (everyday carry is a mini-grip) but have a 705, two 710s and one of my favorites of all time is an 806 D2.

I'll own a large Sebbie one day, but it WON'T be my EDC.

Rick

...  Still experimenting with the best lube for the joint - looking for that magic slick and long-lasting action feel that stays and stays.  Tried RemOil, etc. and haven't found anything I really like.  Right now I'm trying TW25B and Slip2000 mixed together...Miltec-1 grease mixed with Slip2000 works great too and might even be a little slipperier than the TW25B.

GRD FYI http://www.corrosionx.com/ I don't have any any connection with this company but started using their product after researching it. Most knives don't rust but this lubercant stops rust in it's tracks. I've been using it in my revolvers for action shooting and to preserve older blued guns sitting in my safe. email or call them for a sample it's part of their promotional marketing. Brownell's sells the product or get it direct.

Will do, rw.

Used to carry a Spyderco Calypso...
IMHO, the micarta-handled (now discontinued) version of the Calypso Jr. is the single most under-appreciated knife ever made. Just an awesome little knife.