Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre 7000 LNL - Hornady Powder drop help - All in one metering assembly

BMP

I just bought a brand new pre 7000 serial # LNL press for a great price. It came with the powder drop that has the diagonal return spring and height arm with three notches. Can anyone give me some set up help on using the old style Hornady metering assembly? The all in one pistol/rifle metering assembly is new to me and I haven't been able to find any information on it. Specifically where/how to position the rifle meter when dropping pistol charges. Also it only came with two powder bushings. Should there be a third? My bushings measure 1.1" long with a .205 hole and a .750" length with a .291 hole.

Thanks for any and all help!

Brad

Search for Highboy's videos on  your press on Youtube for help.  my s/n is 9k so there may be some difference.  I'll check after 8 tonight and see what I can find.  I do have all the manuals.  Hornady is great at customer service.  Call them and they will send out whatever info you need.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I will look for the videos now. My serial number is in the 3000's. I will also call tomorrow and ask for manuals. The press works great! I ran 300 rounds of .223 today.

Brad

Brad

I read thru the online manual and did not see anything specific.  Call them and ask for an older version of the manual.  I will look at the one I have and see if it enlightens me.

Paul

Ok, after talking to Gary at Hornady I actually have a metering rod that was only produced for one year, in 1999. It is actually a rifle meter with a fine adjustment in the center of the rod. #392776 I had assumed it was a combo rifle/pistol rod. This powder drop was only supplied with one rotor and two rods. 

Thanks again for all the information and help!

Brad

IMG_3207 (Edited) (2).JPG

IMG_3200.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3198.JPG

Edited by BMP