Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changed springs in Stoeger M3K trigger and now I have a couple of problems - help please

ViP

Hello. I changed the hammer and trigger springs on my M3K. It is the first time that I remove the trigger group and change parts on it. The carrier now gets stuck in the up position (leaving the loading port open).

If the bolt locks back, the bolt release won’t release the bolt - I have to move the handle forward so that the bolt can chamber a round (dummy). 

I have removed and reinstalled the trigger group several times now and I am still having these problems. Any suggestions?

Two things make sure that when you put the trigger group in you are pushing in the bolt release button nice and hard.! (Most likely problem)

Second, if that doesn't do it, make sure your hammer pin Is inserted the right way through the shell release tab, lifter and hammer. It should have the little spring detent on the left side and the flanged head on the right side going through the shell release tab.

Edited by kurtm

Hi kurtm. I don’t follow your comments on the hammer pin. Are you referring to the pin as per my attachment?  I didn’t know that there was a specific way of reinserting it. I will remove it and check...still not sure how it gets reinserted. Thanks. 

B0E05DF7-D538-4E31-A9AD-D6390887C2EE.jpeg

No I am talking about the big old hollow tube thingy that that little clip fits on. Make sure that little clip thing is on the LEFT SIDE as you look down on the trigger assembly with the lifter facing away from you.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, woodywouldnot said:

Anyone had issues with the trigger unit retaining pin falling out with normal use. Any fixes apart from duct tape!!

Make sure the C clip is installed the correct way, it will hold the pin and it won't come loose.  if it's not correct, the pin will fall out along with the trigger group and all the shells in the tube. 

Ask me how  know this?

I did the same thing as the op, except my trigger group installed.  I was shooting a shotgun only match when the trigger group and all my shells decided to fall to the floor.  I found all the parts and reinstalled them.  I didn't have any duct tape, I used pasters to keep the pin in until I contacted Stoeger for advice.