Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti 2011 hawk

JD40

Been shooting mine for two months now not the first problem. It's my first venture into the 2011 platform and I am very happy with the results.The only thing I didn't like was the wide cut in the rear sight I have ordered an adjustable sight from Dawson that should fix that problem for me. There has been a lot of interest in the Hawk with the guy's I shoot with. A couple have already got one. This is a very good working man's 2011.Get-Shoot-Enjoy:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jdwyer4 said:

I’ve enjoyed mine so far. 1.5k rounds and no failures. 

What bullet are you loading?How long are you loading your 9mm rounds. Glad to see that yours has been trouble free.  The price of the Hawk sure makes it seem to be a good buy.

Does the wide cut in the rear sight bother you?  Are the fixed sights adjusted close enough for your liking ?  

I’m loading a 135 poly bullet from Jim Bodkin. (Www.shooterready.biz).  oal is 1.150”. The rear sight took some getting used to but I think I will keep them for now. It is extremely accurate, and with practice I’m sure I’ll get used to the sight picture. The fixed sights are adjusted perfect for me. 

Haven't got to put the Dawson sight on my  gun yet but my buddy has it on his. I like the sight picture it gives me . He was able to get it to shoot dead on with the adjustable Dawson sight here is what we got #024-022 Novak cut low mount  ,very good sight looks good on the gun.As far as loads go I load Extreme 165 @ 1.150 long with 2.7 grains of Tite Group shoots flat and soft plenty accurate for me.I added the Dawson tactical magwell to mine and the weight with an empty mag comes in at 39 oz. I have enjoyed shooting it good solid platform for me.

7 hours ago, RPF said:

Haven't got to put the Dawson sight on my  gun yet but my buddy has it on his. I like the sight picture it gives me . He was able to get it to shoot dead on with the adjustable Dawson sight here is what we got #024-022 Novak cut low mount  ,very good sight looks good on the gun.As far as loads go I load Extreme 165 @ 1.150 long with 2.7 grains of Tite Group shoots flat and soft plenty accurate for me.I added the Dawson tactical magwell to mine and the weight with an empty mag comes in at 39 oz. I have enjoyed shooting it good solid platform for me.

Thats great to hear!  Does, anyone know why sti put a narrow dust cover on this model. Seem like a good idea, just don’t understand why not the full wide cover ?  I am assuming to help make weight in IDPA? 

• 2 weeks later...

@JD40 I can’t help you at the moment but I just placed an order for one today should ship out this week and maybe I’ll have it by this weekend or next week. I’ll give you my thoughts and impressions after that if your interested.