Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfolio 41A&E conversions

Roger55

I have a tanfoglio 41A&E I'd like to convert. Is this considered a small frame? Which is recommended  9MM or 40 cal.? Does anyone have a barrel? 

I have a mag from  the tanfoglio  and one from full size desert eagle will they work? 

As far as I know, the 41AE variants were all small frame guns.  The ONLY place i know of to get barrels is from EAA.  You will need to get the 9mm.  The breech face is cut for that size IIRC, 41AE was a rebated head design.

I picked up a special edition "IPSC ULTRA" with a DVC serial number and crest back in the 90's while stationed in Europe. It was chambered in .41 AE and while I shot it in that I also got a conversion kits which was basically a 9mm barrel/spring & mags. The .41 AE has a rebated 9mm sized case head so the slides were 9mm breachface.  I had a Briley 9mm barrel (they used to make) fitted when I got back to the states and just use small frame 9mm mags.   

1 hour ago, johnbu said:

As far as I know, the 41AE variants were all small frame guns.  The ONLY place i know of to get barrels is from EAA.  You will need to get the 9mm.  The breech face is cut for that size IIRC, 41AE was a rebated head design.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:03 PM, johnbu said:

Yes, all small frames. Yes, only 9mm barrels. It depends on what "full size Desert Eagle" you have. Magnum Research was the importer for the Jericho pistols for a while and had "Baby Desert Eagle" stamped on the sides. Mossberg did the same, except it said "Uzi Eagle." A real IMI/IWI Desert Eagle magazine in .357 Mag/.41Mag/.44Mag/.50AE is almost as big as the whole gun and obviously won't fit. MecGar makes mags, CZ 75 mags work, EAA/Tanfo mags will work, and Jericho mags will work. 9mm is the way to go, but you can still find .41AE stuff (not to be confused with .41 Mag or .41 Special)  on gunbroker and the like. It's pretty freaking expensive. Starline used to make brass for it, and will do it again if you wanna buy like 50,000 pieces or something.

You can also look on Ebay for Witness barrels and the like, I've had some good luck there.