Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Reloads Can You Do?

Remember to shoot the low light shoots. You are lucky to see the target or the runway.

Where did you say your mags feel out. Do you really have to see your reloads.

Just think you are in are in your bedroom late at night and you hear glass breaking down stairs.

In the dark you retrieve your firearm, load it and dial 911 all with a light off in your room.

You then feel your way down the stairs, see something shiny pointed your way, your pull your trigger and it goes click. What do you do? Rack the slide and shoot or turn on the light to see what’s wrong.

Only to hear the loud noise of the closing door; it was the Drop Turner saying you missed your chance. Always verify you are loaded when engagement is imminent.

Part of a Level III match stage in the dark some years back.

UHH.....I keep mine loaded.....I'd rather have a baseball bat than an unloaded gun. :)

I really hope the shiney object isn't your wife or kids with a midnight snack in aluminum foil :ph34r::o:(

Administrator note:

You both are rather new...so, to nip this in the bud before it goes one post further...

From the Forum Guidelines (If you haven't read them lately, please do. There is a link at the top of the page on the left side.):

Intent

This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) While the occasional defensive shooting post is not prohibited, in general, defensive shooting discussions or debates are discouraged.

Administrator note:

You both are rather new...so, to nip this in the bud before it goes one post further...

From the Forum Guidelines (If you haven't read them lately, please do. There is a link at the top of the page on the left side.):

Intent

This Forum is for firearm, technique, and conceptual discussions pertaining to training and competition. (And various unrelated topics.) While the occasional defensive shooting post is not prohibited, in general, defensive shooting discussions or debates are discouraged.

Smack...smack....I need that every now and then as I am a slow learner. :wacko: Sorry....guidelines have been re-read. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys use any special adapters to make reloads easier? (I don't)

I'm just learning reloads and they're a lot of fun so far. The way if feels to work on dexterity... a feeling like juggling or using butterfly knives. I would have started practicing reloads sooner if I had known they were this much fun.

It's good to hear that other people catch their magazines sometimes too. A few times I have even missed the well altogether. Getting better though.

Do you guys use any special adapters to make reloads easier? (I don't)

I'm just learning reloads and they're a lot of fun so far. The way if feels to work on dexterity... a feeling like juggling or using butterfly knives. I would have started practicing reloads sooner if I had known they were this much fun.

It's good to hear that other people catch their magazines sometimes too. A few times I have even missed the well altogether. Getting better though.

Start with a Burkett reload which is stopping the mag just outside the magwell. Just get the mag to within like a 1/4 inch of the well aligned to go in and stop. When that becomes rather routine start doing them and after the stop at the magwell insert it. Soon with enough reps....and I mean a couple of thousand reps....you can start to eliminate the pause outside of the magwell and they start going in smooth as butter. Make sure you watch the mag all the way into the magwell. Like keeping your eye on the ball it's crucial. (see the inside edge of the well...make it a point to do this) I am pretty new at this myself and even after 1000s of reloads I still crash more than I would like. The thing is the faster you go the harder you crash. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...