Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1100 gas system ?

bigsaxdog

brand new to the forum! brand new to 1100's too. just bought a used one from a gunshop, and it had trouble going into battery cause there were too many washers and o-rings on the tube. how many should there be? the gunshop guy really didn't know, and i don't know s#$@&. can the no. vary? and what are their orientation? i know all you guys know, so thanx for the help!

My 1100 is over 30 years old so unless they have changed there is only one rubber washer.

However, there two metal "washers" for a total of 3 removable parts on the magazine tube to see after you remove the bbl from the receiver.

If none were on the magazine tube you would place the metal washer(piston seal) on first. That's the one with the groove machined in, but not centered. The 'thinner' portion, not grooved, should be towards the receiver.

Next, the metal washer(piston) with a 'flange' should be placed with the flange towards the magazine cap.

Third, the rubber washer goes on. You can place into the groove of the magazine tube if you wish.

Don't be shy cleaning and lubricating the magazine tube with FP-10, breakfree, etc.

Hopefully that makes sense, harder to describe than do, and is still valid for the new 1100's.

Good luck

thanx for the help! got the gun, and it wasn't really a problem, don't know why there was 2 sets of gas stuff in it, but it runs good now. the magazine tube was pretty cruddy, honed it out a bit , works good but kinda ugly. made the mistake of using this diamond lapping compound, the stuff gets imbedded  pretty bad. got a some on the magazine tube and scratched it up a bit, don't think i hurt it any, seems to run ok. the gun ran good, had a couple of malfunctions, but don't really know why, gotta shoot it some more and see if it still does. think it may be cause the mag tube is hanging the follower a bit and the round isn't forced out. just get nervous with a new gun that i don't know how they run, but i guess that's part of the fun!!!!!