Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnetospeed & handguns

Wanting to get people's actual experience with using the Magnetospeed on their handguns.  Before folks start talking about the Labradar it is not an option at my indoor range as I am not allowed to have my muzzle back far enough to align itself with the LR at the shooting position.  I already contacted LR re the use of the Doppler trigger and they said it would probably not work in my application.  Also, due to physical problems outdoor ranges are not practical for me.

So...I am interested in getting some real-world feedback.  The handguns that I am most interested in using it with are 1) RIA 1911 with rail; 2) CZ Sp-01; 3) Glock 17; 4) Desert Eagle that only has a top rail (Mark XIX-44mag); 5) Ruger GP100 (no rail).

Thanks in advance!

Its too bad LR wont work for you. That is interesting results with your Magnetospeed.  I used to have a V3 (sold it for a labradar) my V3 would always shift the POI on both my Ruger 308 and my Rem 700 308.  I just got tired of shooting for velocity, taking the magneto off and then shooting for group. It was an okay unit, but with the Labradar i could get the velocity from all my shots so i had a better statistical base than just a few shots for velocity.

It took me a while to find the right load for my Ruger PR, i too finally settled on 4064, Varget and others just did not group my Hornady 168s very good.

I dont shoot the V3 with handguns, but i loaned mine to a friend who complained it was always shifting around and he couldnt get it tight enough.