Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 9mm cases not seating all the time

10 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

Every time I experience this it turns out to be the ejector wire for station 5 has walked up the center bolt. I finally fixed it by putting a "dogleg" bend in the middle of it. What happens is that the wire holds tension on the plastic case inserter and when the inserter withdraws from position 1, it pulls the case back just enough not to line up with the die. Took a while to figure it out (and a number of guess fix parts from Dillon)

Can you take a picture of what you did? Never thought about the wire moving up on the bolt, just made sure it was not contacting the case feeder when it comes forward. Maybe cut a notch in the center of the bolt to hold the spring in place?

Mean while it has been (fingers crossed) running almost perfect right now with this set up and head. Not sure what is different or right.

gerritm

Edited by gerritm

On a side note to this. I have removed the bearing under the bolt and the roller type cam pin and only have the upgraded ball and spring under the shell plate. It is running very smooth with no powder loss or snapping. Back basically to the factory parts.

gerritm

1 hour ago, gerritm said:

Can you take a picture of what you did? Never thought about the wire moving up on the bolt, just made sure it was not contacting the case feeder when it comes forward. Maybe cut a notch in the center of the bolt to hold the spring in place?

Mean while it has been (fingers crossed) running almost perfect right now with this set up and head. Not sure what is different or right.

gerritm

Hopefully you can see the wire in these two pictures, I'd take some new ones, but I just had bypass surgery last week and am not moving very well at the moment. It will probably be a week or so before I attempt to go out to the shop. Good luck, sometimes these problems can be a bitch.

650 light 2 (Medium).jpg

20170812_125530 (Medium).jpg