Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Left handed thumb rest that mounts in existing DVC Open sight mount

jrdoran

On February 24, 2018 at 9:14 PM, jrdoran said:

Dropped it off at gunsmith.    I'll probably put a piece of grip tape on it once mounted.   From your pics BDH821, looks like mine will be a little bit more forward towards the muzzle on mine which is kind of surprising given I don't have huge hands.   The holes are 3/8 apart so I can always move it forward/back by a hole ( doesn't need all 4 to hold it ), but 3/8 is a rather larger amount to move the rest at one time.    

Should have it back in a couple days.

Post pictures when completed!

1 hour ago, Fowlmouths said:

Got it on my pistol!  Need some grip tape.  Way too smooth.

Resized_20180301_112058_8640.jpeg

Looks great!  Texturing the thumb contact area would cost way too much for machine time. Also, after shooting thousands of rounds, I think smooth is preferable. It won't chew up your thumb and if you don't have your thumb in the exact spot you prefer, you can still shimmy it while shooting. That being said, putting grip tape on is the best bet if you prefer texture. 

Edited by Bdh821

4 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

Looks great!  Texturing the thumb contact area would cost way too much for machine time. Also, after shooting thousands of rounds, I think smooth is preferable. It won't chew up your thumb and if you don't have your thumb in the exact spot you prefer, you can still shimmy it while shooting. That being said, putting grip tape on is the best bet if you prefer texture. 

Thanks,  I hear you on adjusting grip.  Can't do that with the grip on this one.  I'm going to add some grip tape.  

Going to try it out at a match this weekend and probably order 2 more!  Nice opition for us Southpaws!!!!

Thanks

On 3/1/2018 at 6:14 PM, Fowlmouths said:

Thanks,  I hear you on adjusting grip.  Can't do that with the grip on this one.  I'm going to add some grip tape.  

Going to try it out at a match this weekend and probably order 2 more!  Nice opition for us Southpaws!!!!

Thanks

Added the griptape and like it a lot!

Resized_20180302_183304_6231.jpeg

Got my STI DVC steel back from gunsmith with evil hand mounted.  I too added grip tape.    Overall I like it.  Gunsmith did say that recess holes need to be slightly deeper as 5-40 screws stick up a little.  Red nail polish is to audit any movement of screws.     

IMG_3613.jpg

1 hour ago, jrdoran said:

Got my STI DVC steel back from gunsmith with evil hand mounted.  I too added grip tape.    Overall I like it.  Gunsmith did say that recess holes need to be slightly deeper as 5-40 screws stick up a little.  Red nail polish is to audit any movement of screws.     

IMG_3613.jpg

Looks great!