Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've read B-zone. Some good reading based on a fictional IPSC shooter and bad guys.

Al the Author is one of our local shooters in Edmonton, AB.

I've heard the second book Mandatory Reload is just as good or even better.

• 2 months later...

You can go to amazon.com to read my review of the first book, B-Zone, here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cm/me...1253877-7267853

Yeah, the second book, Mandatory Reload, is even better. For one thing, the first books has many, many typos and misspellings. Not enough to interfere with my enjoyment of a cracking good adventure yarn, but they're definitely there. Between the first and second books, Al Voth the author got himself a proofreader. The second book is much, MUCH better in this respect. And the scene where Nathan Burdett (who I've always suspected was based on Matt Burkett BTW - you may notice a certain similarity of name) goes into a deserted shopping mall for an old-fashioned face-to-face gunfight with a six-man team of gangbangers has to be read to be believed. It's GOOD STUFF.

Duane...

I trust you'll be as nice when my novel stumbles out next year...Al Voth read it and sent me an e-mail that said something to the effect of "There's a line that I won't cross, and you crossed it about chapter 4..." Said he liked it, but had to keep it hidden in case the kids found it...

MB

PS: He had some excellent advice on plot points, which I took...

• 9 months later...

Both books were great, excellent entertainment for the recent season of heavy snowfalls, yet still enough about shooting to keep the mind & motivation on the goals.  

I e-mailed Al Voth and asked if he had another book in the works, and luckily he does.  I can't wait!