Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

reloading for tan limited

drivenagain

Oh, one point. Limiteds have pretty heavy tops and (imho) overly strong recoil springs.  you will want to experiment to get the load/spring combination that runs flatest. I video bill drill from the side and watch how flat it runs.

And light springs help get that!  i run 6# in the s2 (132pf 135gr bullets, tightgroup). But polishing the rails may be needed to slick them up enough to use light springs. Just a thought!

9 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Oh, one point. Limiteds have pretty heavy tops and (imho) overly strong recoil springs.  you will want to experiment to get the load/spring combination that runs flatest. I video bill drill from the side and watch how flat it runs.

And light springs help get that!  i run 6# in the s2 (132pf 135gr bullets, tightgroup). But polishing the rails may be needed to slick them up enough to use light springs. Just a thought!

I have the gun pretty slick, per your tips on other threads thanks for that, running a 6# was way too slow and didnt feel right and gave me 2 FTF, 8# has been perfect running factory ammo.