Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buy The Best Glock Parts

eric nielsen

This link is a little hard to find on Charlie Vanek's website, so here it is:

Parts

I highly recommend both his ejector housing w/trigger stops AND his firing pin safety which really smooths out [& lightens] the pull. If you're *pretty happy* with your home trigger job and can spring for $60, do it. You'll see an improvement.

He will not sell trigger bars separately, for a lot of good reasons that I agree with. If you want one, send him your gun. The other parts have no wait. If you have questions about springs, PM me, it's really easy.

There are other nice folks - and a few complete hacks - peddling their stuff for Glock triggers, but Vanek is the best. I get nothing for saying this, I just like people to be happy shooting what they've got.

I have one of Charlie's Triggers in my 34. Excellent trigger!

To be perfectly honest, I have not touched the over-travel or pre-travel screws in the ejector housing. If you "tweak" them too much, it can cause problems. The pull with the stock housing feels the same, BTW.

And locktight the screws when you are done messing with them, per the instructions.

Another trigger I am really happy with is found at:

http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=06GP&cat=17

This one breaks 1/2lb heavier than the Vanek and has "stageable" pre travel. My Vanek is the same all of the way through. It really depends on what you are looking for in a trigger and how much you want to spend.

Thanks, re both Charlie's parts and the "RS" trigger Kit. Don't have one of Charlie's trigger job's yet but have 1K thru a 34 with the RS and as STR mentions the feel and break of Ralph's trigger is excellent. Have found it to be precise and very consistant too. {Would never use a 3.5 conn before}

Not that have tried everything available but it's gotta be the best trigger kit for $50 out there.

However, drooling enough {now!} to try both of Charlie's parts in another Glock so will see how hs parts can improve a simple de-burr, true and polished T-bar.

Thanks for the thread and comparisons.valuable info!

Bugs